Mommy needs a time out!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got an email.... This LONG

+3
audra72
kat569
Kim
7 posters

Go down

I got an email....  This LONG Empty I got an email.... This LONG

Post  Kim Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Kim,

Yes, we are well aware of what is happening on SWPM. Unfortunately, some of SWPM leadership did not understand how to conduct themselves according to our mission and community rules, and when Laura attempted to correct the situation, they evidently did not want to continue in leadership. That is their choice, and we certainly understand if someone cannot volunteer their time and effort for a venture whose mission they are unable to stand behind. It makes us sad, but the site as a whole will be better off with leadership who want to be there and who embrace our principles, even if they may sometimes disagree with specific policies. Laura has not banned anyone, but has, with the support and backing of TMN leadership, decided that some members need to be set to pending so that we may catch our collective breaths and get a handle on this situation.

I’m glad you wrote – we wanted to ask you if you know about anyone un-pending members who had been set to pending. It normally takes a brief time for the de-activation of a departing SA’s backpanel access. We have 100 sites’ worth of SAs and NAs backpanel accesses to administrate, with new sites opening and new SAs being hired all the time. Revoking the access of a valued and trusted SA who has stepped down is not high on the priority list. We naturally believe that these women, in whom we have entrusted members’ private information and access to the administrative functions of our sites, would not dream of acting so unethically and violating our rules in such a drastic way as to abuse their access. If you can shed any light on this, we would be very appreciative. Thanks!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

I got an email....  This LONG Empty Re: I got an email.... This LONG

Post  Kim Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:28 pm

My Reply:

Hi Christi,

I am so glad you are aware of what is happening because, it seems to the members of SWPM, that the powers that be are pretty out of control. It is funny how things turn on a dime and all of a sudden there are strict rules that MUST be followed when before we could not get anything done. You see, we tried for a year just to give a member a yellow card for repeatedly breaking rules. However, she sent her little emails to you all and viola, its OK for her to break rules. How many verbal warnings can you give someone....apparently the number in infinite. Well, this time, it was not just a member breaking rules, this is a member who is potentially dangerous to herself, her kids, and OUR kids. She was stalking members, admitted to being mentally unstable, and all we wanted was the assurance that OUR children would be safe. We get ignored over and over.

Then, a new NA arrives and goes power crazy. She does not even try to nice or friendly, but just blows up at our management. These are moms just like you who spend countless hours, just like you, trying to make our site better. Instead of treating us like adults, she decided to treat our management like children, not just any children, but red headed step children. That is totally uncalled for and unacceptable. That is the reason our management stepped down. It was not due to not being able to stand behind your so called rules, but that you allowed someone to come in and speak to them in a manner that no one should ever speak to another adult. Then it did not stop.

I sign on and everything has been removed as far as my SA priviledges. That part was ok, except for the fact that I should have been sent a PM saying that they would be taken away that day or the next day or something. I was unaware at the time, of all the arguments of the night before and I was not happy that I was not given time to post a goodbye message in my manager and moderator forum. Advance warning would have been nice, especially since I asked to step down months ago and because I thought after the work I put into this site, I deserved that right. Then I learn of the actions of our new NA and TMN.

After a year of recieving no support what so ever, I can not believe TMN would have the nerve to step in and act the way they did. It is unreal. Many members are already talking to the Charlotte Observer about how unethical it was and other adults that were suppose to be helping us, would come onto the site and just treat the moms there like bad children. Posts were being moved left and right, posts that were not breaking the rules, posts that had nothing to do with anything. No one bothered to let anyone know what was going on, no one bothered to say why posts were being moved or why members were being set to pending. All we knew was that after a year of nothing from TMN, instead of trying to help a situation, you decided to destroy a board, which is exactly what you did. Everyone knows what happened and they want no part in TMN any longer. Its very sad. 3 new boards are already up and running and that is just a shame. Its a shame because we had a great board. We had great managment that really cared about what was happening and making the board a better place. Through TMNs lack of support, up until now, and their incredible over reaction now, everyone is gone. There are no SAs, no management, no one and trust me, no one has wanted to step up for the past 6 months because of the lack of supoprt from TMN, NO ONE is going to step up now.

As for the second part of your email, I can shed no light for you. However, after what was done to my site I can see why you would think that. First setting so many members to pending without cause, second the moving of so many posts with out explanation, and third setting me to pending, I can see where someone might feel the need to do such a thing. When the admins and NAs of such a valued and trusted organization come in and just ransack a site, I can see where you may blame the departing SA. I can even see why the departing SA may feel so backstabbed and so disheartened by the actions of the organization to do such things. I tried to get to the truth. I asked repeatedly for the person deleting my posts to simply PM me and instead, those posts just got moved, again and again. Instead of being consistent with your rules, you opted to ignore my simple request and instead, set my membership to pending. I have to say, I was astonished when I was set to pending. An organization that I gave SO MUCH of my free time to, that I worked incredibly hard to make better, that I pushed my members to raise money for, that I spent my money on, that I loved so much would rather deactivate my account than simply tell me what was going on, why my posts that were not breaking rules were being deleted, it was unbelievable. So, yes, after what was done to me, I can see where you would think I may have went into the admin panel and reactivated members. Its a shame when trust is broken and that neither side can trust the other. Just a shame.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post  kat569 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow. Are they freakin' SERIOUS?! I can't speak for any of the other mods but I can say that I did not relinquish my position because I wanted to be allowed to act in an inappropriate manner! I am not the one who is acting inappropriately, and neither were any of the other mods! I am so glad you sent them that reply - it sums up what I feel about this quite nicely, and you wrote it very well.
kat569
kat569

Back to top Go down

Post  audra72 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Wow! You deserve an award for that!!!! Very well stated. Clear, concise, and to the point!!!! Thank you so very very much.
audra72
audra72

Location : Lincolnton with the other Northeast Heathen Mommies

Back to top Go down

Post  dalbailey Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Your awesome Kim.....

dalbailey

Back to top Go down

Post  oliviasmommie Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Let us know what she says. also, can I get her email address since the email I sent to Laura was never answered?

oliviasmommie

Back to top Go down

Post  emmylou852 Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:00 pm

wow that sounded great. i can't wait to hear what she has to say about that.

emmylou852

Back to top Go down

Post  Shemricquick Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks Kim!

Shemricquick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down