Mommy needs a time out!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would you rather be told

+10
AprilandtheKids
jamie8582
jsno1angel
Mandi
Sharon
DanaLynn
Valerie
Mom2FiveGirls
Kristin
mcleeper
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

would you rather be told Empty would you rather be told

Post  mcleeper Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:42 pm

would you rather people blow sunshine up your behind, or would you rather your friends tell you if you are being a B****, stupid, unfair, need to open your eyes? Just curious what level censorship you think moms should use on forums?
mcleeper
mcleeper

Back to top Go down

would you rather be told Empty Re: would you rather be told

Post  Kristin Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 pm

my friends, the truth, always.
Kristin
Kristin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom2FiveGirls Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 pm

the truth.

Mom2FiveGirls

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristin Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 pm

BUT, if i was writing, I was just venting and needed to get out it..i just need SUPPORT, not advice

does that make sense???
Kristin
Kristin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mcleeper Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:49 pm

yep, I agree... I would want my friends to tell me- or my family. But what about on a forum with a bunch of virtual strangers??? What if we didn't know each other and I told you something that offended you b/c I was just being honest. I would personally still want to hear it....
mcleeper
mcleeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerie Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:51 pm

depends on the level of friendship... but i always appreciate honesty as long as you are being respectful and we can come to an agreement that you're NOT being a b*&ch and being a true friend by saying what you're saying.
Valerie
Valerie

Back to top Go down

Post  DanaLynn Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:51 pm

i'd generally say i want the truth especially if asking for advice, but i'm perfect and already a ball of sunshine, so i would never actually have to hear such things lol sunny
DanaLynn
DanaLynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharon Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 pm

mcleeper wrote:yep, I agree... I would want my friends to tell me- or my family. But what about on a forum with a bunch of virtual strangers??? What if we didn't know each other and I told you something that offended you b/c I was just being honest. I would personally still want to hear it....

A stranger can kiss it! BUT...I would want to know. Not meaning I would give a rats a$$ from a stranger, but YKWIM.
Sharon
Sharon

Back to top Go down

Post  mcleeper Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 pm

DanaLynn wrote:i'd generally say i want the truth especially if asking for advice, but i'm perfect and already a ball of sunshine, so i would never actually have to hear such things lol sunny

I agree- hahaha!!
mcleeper
mcleeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandi Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 pm

I think it would be fine esp if you said you were just venting to let out steam. I would always want my friends to tell me the truth. The theory at my house is brutal honesty- don't ask if you don't want to know
Mandi
Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post  mcleeper Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 pm

BUt what about all this crap going on SWPM???? I don't want censorship- I think I am pretty good with tact, and if I am being a B****, then you probably deserved it!!!
mcleeper
mcleeper

Back to top Go down

Post  DanaLynn Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:00 pm

I think people can definitely cross a line. there are plenty of ways to tell someone how it is without being bitchy about it, you know? sometimes you do need people away from the situation to tell your being irrational. but respect is a huge issue for me. Tell me the truth but don't piss me off.
DanaLynn
DanaLynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerie Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:02 pm

mcleeper wrote:BUt what about all this crap going on SWPM???? I don't want censorship- I think I am pretty good with tact, and if I am being a B****, then you probably deserved it!!!

YOU are. but some people (self admittedly me...) have a tough time getting out exactly what's on our mind with tact. so.... some people find it best to eliminate the "potential" problem posts, to prevent BIGGER problems. HAHA. didn't really work in this situation though.

i personally think that we are all BIG girls and can handle our own. if we don't like what we read, don't read it anymore. if we don't like posting, don't post anymore. sounds like an easy solution to me Laughing
Valerie
Valerie

Back to top Go down

Post  mcleeper Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:14 pm

I agree with you Val, and I love that picture, you LUSH!! J/k, I'm about to get out the hard liquor for "the Hangover" YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! drunken
mcleeper
mcleeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerie Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Embarassed oops! i didn't even think about the beer!!! my bad. oh well. it's what i do. so whatevs.
Valerie
Valerie

Back to top Go down

Post  jsno1angel Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Give me the truth!!

Chrissy
jsno1angel
jsno1angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristin Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Valerie wrote:Embarassed oops! i didn't even think about the beer!!! my bad. oh well. it's what i do. so whatevs.

I'm going to have to ask you to remove your picture because of the alcohol picture.

LMAO

JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Kristin
Kristin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerie Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:26 pm

lol! at least i don't have a doobie in my hand, like this guy looks like he should.

did i just say doobie?
Valerie
Valerie

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie8582 Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:29 pm

THE TRUTH!
jamie8582
jamie8582

Back to top Go down

Post  AprilandtheKids Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:14 pm

I think for the most part, that discretion is rather simple. If you are making fun of someone just to be mean, that's one thing. But if you are laying it out there, and it's the truth that really needs to be told, and others need to be warned, well then talk away. What started all of this was people speaking out against someone who was a danger to herself and other, and still is. It was for the safety and well being of everyone and it was the truth. It wasn't malicious. I haven't been on the site long, so I don't know the other issues that have gone on in the past, so I can only talk about this one. I understand wanting a peaceful and drama free environment, but when it comes to the truth and the safety of so many people and children, well that needs to come out.
AprilandtheKids
AprilandtheKids

Back to top Go down

Post  oliviasmommie Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:57 pm

I want the truth.

oliviasmommie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristin Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Truth, but by being respectful if its not my friends
Kristin
Kristin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kat569 Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:35 pm

I would want the truth. Always. I would request tact, but that is not always possible - regardless, give it to me.

I have to add this. I am so very sorry if it was my resignation post that sent this whole situation into a downward spiral. I didn't think my post/letter was a bash on TMN, but they apparently felt it was - I simply felt that I needed to speak up in defense of all the members whose very safety is being threatened by TMN's inaction on the psycho issue. I was put into a position of responsibility on SWPM, and I believe that responsibility includes the protection of our members. TMN chose to put me into a very difficult position when they ignored the blatant safety issue. I'm not one to stand by and watch a potential situation become a very real one - so I did the only thing I could do, I spoke out. Again, I apologize if it was my fault this all happened. I love you gals and never would have expected them to react so childishly to this whole situation!!
kat569
kat569

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:42 pm

I definitely always want the truth and I have thick enough skin to handle it. The problem is that there are some people that think they want the truth, but really only when its nice. Sometimes the hardest people to hear the truth from are your friends and I dont think people realize that until its too late.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post  AprilandtheKids Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Lisa, no that wasn't it. I think too many people got sick and tired of the real problems being swept under the rug. SWPM isn't the typical anonymous message board, we are all local and things are more personal. So drama issues can't just be deleted and moved on from all of the time. Crazy and problematic members can't always just be ignored, now they can hack into accounts, they can show up at front door steps, they can call, they can bother spouses, etc. Things can get downright dangerous.
It wasn't you or any other resignation letter that set this off. Sure, some rules were broken, but mainly out of the frustration for TMN's disregard for the safety of it's members and their families, and the rules weren't broken by all. TMN is for the most part at fault, and certain members(that weren't properly dealt with) hold the rest of the blame.
AprilandtheKids
AprilandtheKids

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum